Friday, April 22, 2011

Roots


This Lithograph was one of the first I ever made.  I visualized roots of a tree growing and taking on various shapes. I used negative (empty) space to give this piece balance. I actually took a class on printmaking. I drew this image on stone then developed it. I transferred the image from the stone to a metal sheet. I used the metal sheet to make copy prints of the image. Making the prints was the most fun. I used this hand made press and rolled it back and forth over layers of cloth and paper to transfer the image.  
Printmaking takes time and patience. This piece was in 2 different art shows. The first one was at College of Dupage. It was a printmaking exhibit. The second show was at North Central College. I attended both schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment