Friday, April 22, 2011

Bliss




This started out being a Chinese influenced piece. I love the culture and mythology. This changed in to more of a spanish theme.  The woman is floating on a cloud of happiness.  Her thoughts are projected out ward. The water, waves, and flowers are a reflection of the joy and clamness inside her mind. 

This is a knife painting with oil on canvas paper. I have been exploring knife painting more. I am learning more techniques and practicing patterns. I have found that using oil is more appealing than acrylic which is what I have mainly used in the past. You can bring out much more tone and texture with oil. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Painting! So different from your other works. Shows your growth and you can do all sorts of different mediums and subjects!!!

    ReplyDelete